Monday, July 25, 2011

First Day of Camp

He really didn't want to go but went pretty willingly this morning.  Of course, I am sure that had something to do with the fact that if he wants a cell phone he had better not complain about going to camp.

This is a "trial" camp for teenagers with autism.  They go on field trips and work on their life skills at the same time.

Today they went to the zoo.  Tomorrow is the Omniplex.  Wednesday is an outdoor activity again.  It may not be a good thing with this heat.

I'm also researching service dogs for autism.  They are very similar to psychiatric service dogs.  The information I have found on the website for the Department of Justice seems to be pretty cut and dry to me.  A service dog performs work or tasks.  Mental work is work period. 

If the service dog helps him deal with crowds and transitioning from one class to another ........It seems pretty simple to me.  Maybe that is the problem - it is simple!!!

From my world to your world......

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment