Friday, June 10, 2011

Well, I blew it, but I'm not telling anyone!

I blew it last night.  I wanted to see how my son did without his afternoon dexedrine.  I thought maybe with the 2.5 mg of namenda and his lithium things would go pretty smooth.

Boy was I wrong!

First, he lights the grill and then yells for help.  Why you ask?  Because he light all four burners and my dear husband had not emptied the thing that holds the grease.  So again you are asking me why he was yelling for help - well let me tell you - the grease caught on fire and it he grill looked like it was on fire.

He was only supposed to light the two middle burners.

Second he is getting the tongs out of the drawer - he agains askes dh to please come help it because something is stuck.  DH is tired so he doesn't get up to help son and guess what happens?  The drawer is broken!

Third, he gets out the french fries to put into the deep fat fryer and again I hear him yell:  "Were there two burners on?"  Guess what?  My daughter and I had both used the stove and so it was hot.  We had just turned off the burners and the lights were still red and he had put the plastic bags of fries on the stove and now there is melted plastic on my smooth top!

Fourth, he puts too many fries in the fryer and oil is splattering everywhere!

Never again will I try and skip his dexedrine! 

That wasn't even the end of it.  He went up to feed the cows and came back with blood on his shirt!!!  He cut his finger on the barbed wire fence.

Of course he had the key to the gate in his jeans but he didn't look hard enough so he climbed the fence!

But I wasn't about to tell anyone all this was my fault because I experimented with his medications.

So what did I learn?  That dexedrine still plays a vital roll in his daily care.  Yes, the namenda kept him calm but it didn't help his concentration like the dexedrine does.

From my world to your world........

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment